Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Thank you.

This was a week after he got here.
I want something to do with my heart. I need to find a way to lift it, spice it....something. I can't handle the bleakness of grief. I can't handle the short journey from my porch through my door, because there is no Spartacus Jones waiting for me. It's the worst part of my day. So, I'm writing another grief blog. I've said so much, but I feel like I haven't said enough.

By the way, thanks for ignoring my punctuation, grammar, sentence structure and  other screw ups a writer knows better than to publish. I've been told my words were beautiful but they are the ramblings of a half-plastered cat lady that didn't know how else to express herself.

Honestly? This hurts every bit as bad as losing my father. Yes, really. It's a different kind of pain, but it's still monstrously painful.

There are two kinds of people in this world. There are pet owners and generally kind people who, upon hearing of the death of anyone's pet will express meaningful, empathetic or at least sympathetic condolences. Then there are the others. The ones whose eyes will glaze over as they excuse themselves from the irritation and discomfort of a grieving pet owner. It's just a cat. 
This was the day he arrived.


But eventually, everyone will tire of it. They have lives to live, and while this is all very sad, it's not their shit to hold.

So right now, I'm avoiding humans. Everyone. First, I'd like to thank all of you in my real world and the world of social media for all the sweet messages. I often wonder why I write whiny blogs and post them on all my social media accounts, but I think I understand why I do it.

Right before I leave my garage, right before I take the short walk to my back door, I sit in my vehicle and cry. I shriek, I howl, I sob and let rivers of tears and snot drip down my face. I scream as loud as I can, inside the SUV. Then I straighten up, lock up, and check my mail. I unlock my back door, and feed Freya.

This blog, and the one before it, are the writer's version of screaming into silence. I can be truthful with myself in that I announced the death of Spartacus Jones on social media and wrote the blog for attention. My heart broke, and the world continued without him.
It's my scream in the garage, but I needed you to care. I'm a little ashamed to admit, I needed all your likes, hearts, sad icons and comments. Dan and I feel somewhat isolated right now, and I drank your comments and icons up. Now I know why they call it 'Thirsty'. Still doesn't stop me from doing it.

It's like, "I don't want to see or talk to anyone, but I still need you to comfort me." Weird, eh?  But whatever. It's working.

It actually helps.I may look like a crazy cat lady and a fool, but I know I needed this. So I just wanted to say Thank You.







5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hug - the long, hard, wet shoulder type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna never apologize for losing a loved one. My heart aches for you and I've been in the same situation and reacted much the same. I'm sorry I haven't been there for you but you know how saddened I am. Life is full of mysteries and death, love and grief are part of it. You gave the wonderful Mr Jones a full and loving life. He adored and trusted you both and shared many cat love eye winks to show how he felt. I'll pm you later, call text, chat anytime. You are a beautiful woman, experience your grief and love all your memories. Freya needs her momma now. Show her the love she needs and she is showing you the love she has for you. Be well my cherished friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I love you Kevin. With just a few well chosen words, you know how to make me feel better. We'll chat soon. I know you're busy too. Love you , and I appreciate the empathy.

      Delete