Thursday, December 13, 2012

We've been adopted!

Photo

Yes, it's true! Thoeba and I have been adopted by a lovely woman named Lesa-Miller-Cox.

Can you imagine my surprise, when I found a note in my direct messages saying "I can't wait to adopt you!"?

Turns out some of Staccato's supporting reviewers at YA and Teen Readers have organized "Christmas for Authors." It really DOES feel like Christmas already!

My adoptive reader and I have lots in common. But she is super sweet, and enthusiastic. She's into paranormal--especially vampire novels, and adores animals. She's got a fantastic sense of humor I relate to. She loves Thoeba and wants to everything she can to promote her. I am so lucky! 

And how's THAT for creative marketing? The ladies behind this adoption drive are geniuses. Through this  blog-hop I've made a new friend and learned more about the YA community. I LOVE their new take on giveaways and marketing. They're making it fun and original.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. THANK YOU, ladies! You are awesome. And thank YOU Lesa-Miller-Cox for choosing Thoeba and me.


http://www.facebook.com/YaTeenReaders Check them out and like their page. 


5 comments:

  1. Shouldn't it be Adopt "An" Author? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't it be Adopt "An" Author? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes...It should. Cut 'em some slack. They are Readers, not Writers ;)

      Delete
  3. Very cool idea--and congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete